Photo by Femke
We all have those moments in our lives where we realize our calling, our dreams, and our hopes. Sometimes they happen in the most magical of ways.
Starting a blog has been in my cards for YEARS. Literally. Being that I was terrified of actually taking the steps to becoming a blogger, I hid behind jobs that were not my passion and lots of “I’ll do it someday!”. After a rough patch in my life and loads of support, I decided to take the next step towards a dream.
Like most people that have a dream that isn’t “typical”, the idea of chasing something that may or may not work is completely terrifying. With that said, I did not know where to begin and how to properly go about starting this new adventure. The day that I decided I need to make major moves towards this goal was the day I saw the announcement for The Blogcademy on Gala Darling’s blog. I could not sign up fast enough.
There was a lot of nervous, excited, sassy, unicorn-like feelings overtaking me once I actually realized I was going to this event. Will these girls think I was nuts because I wasn’t an experienced blogger? Will I get what I am looking for out of this workshop? What am I going to wear? Will there be cupcakes? All of these important questions were circling about in my head and I felt like I was turning into a crazy person.
Prior to the weekend long workshop, I had the great opportunity to speak with some of the other Blogcademy students. Actually getting a chance to speak with others and realizing a lot of them were in the same boat as me definitely calmed my nerves. We all bonded and fell in love with our passion to blog and spread positive lovely-ness among the world.
Needless to say, the weekend changed my life for the better. Instead of rambling on, I decided to make a list of reasons as to why I found Blogcademy brilliant accompanied by beautiful photos taken Femke.
Top 10 reasons why Blogcademy was a life changer:
10. I got to meet not one, not two but THREE bloggers I have obsessed over for years. Our headmistresses (Gala, Nubby and Kat) were completely amazing. Not to mention stylish as all hell! Girls…you better WORK!
9. The amount of knowledge and sharing that took place this weekend was something that was heavenly. The headmistresses were not only providing information for us to use towards our goals but helping one another in their own personal goals and ventures. I LOVED the sense of sisterhood and community that took place.
8. Lots and lots of turquoise.
7. 30 lovely ladies came from ALL of the world to attend this workshop. Canadians, Brits, Aussies…OH MY!
6. Free booze! Sex and the City worthy cocktails were served on day one and day two we decided to be even more posh by popping 10 bottles of champagne.
5. Lots and lots of badass swag! LOTS!
4. OMG! Balloons.
3. I filled 8 pages in a notebook with notes. This lead to me practicing my handwriting since it’s so rare that we actually hand write things these days. Penmanship nerd!
2. Holy crap, so much turquoise and balloons.
1. Something that has literally stuck with me daily since Blogcademy was one of the first quotes Gala shared with us. “Evolve or evaporate.” I feel like this quote across the board is useful in our lives, no matter what you do or what you want to do.
It has been a complete honor to watch these three fantastic bloggers careers blossom to where they are now. I never would have thought I would be learning from the best. I have been following a couple of these ladies since the days of live journal! How insane! I’m so thrilled to be a graduate from the first Blogcademy workshop.
I would like to thank Gala, Nubby & Kat for a wonderful weekend and believing in me. You are sparkling diamonds and I adore all three of you.
The Blogcademy has only just begun. Keep your eye out for upcoming classes and events. Stay golden!