One of my personal life goals is to assure that I am celebrating life daily. No matter how busy or how crazy the day can get, I try to remember the main point of living is to live.
This morning, while away on a Boston business trip I woke up with a case of the Mondays. My back has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now, I have to deal with a minor car issue when I get back home, on top of laundry and the other “gifts” that life hands us along the way. I am trying to make a habit of making daily gratitude lists. No matter how silly or how small the celebration, it’s still a celebration. Here are some of the rad things that are going well in my life right now…
1. Waking up to a beautiful sunny winter day in Boston this morning. Yes, we’ve had a brutal winter but nothing beats the beauty that it truly brings.
2. The coffee maker in my hotel room. I’m about to use the hell out of it and YES, I am excited.
3. Disco the Unicorn! One of my Valentine’s Day gifts from my boyfriend was a stuffed unicorn that I instantly fell in love with. I named him Disco because it seemed proper.
4. My new Stila lip color of choice is Stila Gemma color balm lipstick. This lipstick is so wonderful I might need to have a separate post dedicated to it’s greatness.
5. Awesome party design opportunities that are on the rise. I’ve been properly getting my hustle on and not quitting my daydream. It’s actually paying off and it’s a blessing on a million levels.
6. Laughter! I am forever grateful for being able to laugh and giving the gift of laughter to others (most of the time without even trying).
7. You guys! If it wasn’t for you guys, I definitely would not have made it this far in my blogging/party making career. You are the raddest and complete me.
Life is full of little things to be excited about. No matter how shit your day may seem, there is always something worth celebrating. I have trained myself to push through the rubbish because it is just that…rubbish. Most issues are temporary and shouldn’t get in the way of your overall success and happiness. Sometimes we find it easier to give in to the negative but that is not living.
Gratitude lists are nothing new, but they often get lost in our daily grind. We should all make it our personal goal to remember to cherish and celebrate ourselves. To keep myself on track, maybe I should share my mini daily celebrations more often.
What are you excited about celebrating today? Go out and get a Cotton Candy Cupcake because you deserve one and as always…